The Bangor School Department has developed a Comprehensive K-12 Guidance Plan to support its mission of academic excellence for all students. Counselor service is available to students and parents experiencing developmental issues and / or problems.
Fairmount is fortunate to have Kristen Tlili and Dana Morris as our Guidance Counselors. Through work with individual students, in small groups, and in whole classroom lessons, Ms. Tlili and Mrs. Morris actively participate in the teaching and development of these primary areas:
- Orientation, transition, and adjustment to Fairmount School
- Academic and personal / social growth of students
- Career preparation
- Decision-making and goal setting
- Peer relationship skills / Conflict resolution
- Development of behaviors that promote personal health and safety
Students can access our counselors through a process of self-referral, and parents who have concerns about the development of their children can call us @ 941-6260.