The Bangor School Department has developed a Comprehensive K-12 Guidance Plan to support its mission of academic excellence for all students. Counselor service is available to students and parents experiencing developmental issues and / or problems.
Fairmount is fortunate to have Mrs. Kristen Tlili as our full-time Guidance Counselor. Through work with individual students, in small groups, and in whole classroom lessons, Mrs. Tlili actively participates in the teaching and development of these primary areas:
- Orientation, transition, and adjustment to Fairmount School
- Academic and personal / social growth of students
- Career preparation
- Decision-making and goal setting
- Peer relationship skills / Conflict resolution
- Development of behaviors that promote personal health and safety
Students can access Mrs. Tlili through a process of self-referral, and parents who have concerns about the development of their children can reach Mrs. Tlili @ 941-6260.